Project Goals

Coordinator
Sep 20, 2007 at 1:10 AM
This discussion is to help outline the goals of MySCORM
Oct 4, 2007 at 7:08 PM
Hi,

I am just trying to get a feel for what it is you are trying to create. By SCORM 'Module' - do you mean a repository for SCORM Shareable Objects or a system to create/edit SCORM Content ? Can you please clarify the design goals a little ? Maybe I can give you a hand with some work.

Cheers,

Leo
Adelaide, South Australia

awtesta wrote:

Coordinator
Jan 18, 2008 at 12:34 AM
My apologies for not replying sooner, work has been keeping be busy.

What I mean by SCORM 'Module', or at least my ultimate goal, is to create a project that someone can hopefully just download, wire up to their app, an use with minimal setup.
So the goal of this "Module" is to be able to first and foremost, play SCORM content. Second, persist SCORM content to either a SQL backend, or XML. Additionally, I'd like to use the .NET Provider model for the persistence so that eventually other DB engines can have a provider created and users can use the database of their choosing.

Hopefully this clarifies my vision a bit more. I know its a large task to take on, but I'd like to start with the "core" and build it out from there,

leogaggl wrote:
Hi,

I am just trying to get a feel for what it is you are trying to create. By SCORM 'Module' - do you mean a repository for SCORM Shareable Objects or a system to create/edit SCORM Content ? Can you please clarify the design goals a little ? Maybe I can give you a hand with some work.

Cheers,

Leo
Adelaide, South Australia

awtesta wrote: